View Single Post
Old 08-30-02, 12:16 AM
technogirl

Bikes: Trek 4500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi! It's good to see everyone out there is being more careful about what they eat, and exercising. I lost about 10 lbs several months ago--I know that doesn't sound like much, but the weight loss was mainly due to me being sick for a month or two, and eating better. I always thought I was healthy, but I was kind of stressed out at work, and not eating as well as I had thought. I had some bad stomach pains, and then it got worse. I found out that I had diverticulitis (inflammation of the diverticulum--a abnormal pouch in the intestine), so I had to be on a liquid diet for a few days. Ugh!

Anyway, I've been reading up on how to prevent that from happening, and mainly it's that I have to eat more fruits and vegetables (fiber), not a great deal of processed foods like cakes, cookies, drink more water, and just eat better! People say that you should stay away from seeds, but I haven't had that problem. My doctor says there's no real proof that that will cause diverticulitis, but he has patients that tell him otherwise. Go fig.

I've been eating healthier, and cut back on a LOT of junk which doesn't mean that I don't eat it. I just don't pig out and go crazy on stuff every other day.

Also, I feel a LOT healthier eating better, and I don't have any problems with my stomach any more.

It really sucks to be sick, by years of eating poorly! So, remember good health is important, too! Eat right and exercise, and the pounds will SLOWLY come off.