Old 06-30-10, 04:17 PM
NOS88

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
I think the rider bike interface is one of the variables that should be considered. Last week I smiled when I realized I had ridden three hours and not thought about my saddle, backside once. This week I smiled when I realized there was no pain in my shoulders and neck since I switched to a MM stem instead of the 100mm I had been using.

I also think there needs to be a visual appreciation element. Today, I looked down and saw the sun shining off my top tube and how the letters of the model name just seemed to fit; it just made me grin.

I've long thought the sound aspect should be included. Every time I become aware of or catch the high pitched hum of tires moving along at a brisk pace, I break out in an internal smile that says, life is good.

Finally, today I only got in ten miles, but I smiled as I pulled back into my driveway because I wasn't supposed to get a ride in today. My morning meeting ended early, and it gave me just enough time to change, ride, shower, and be ready for the afternoon meetings.