View Single Post
Old 06-30-10, 10:11 PM
ultraman6970

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Keith99
If the right course comes up for the Worlds he might well try to be the first Tour/Worlds winner in the same year since Lemond. .
Actually there are only two that have won the triple crown. The Giro, the Tour and the Worlc Cup the same year, Stephen Roche, and Eddy Merxls.

The big problem with Contador is that he is just like ELMO, everything with him is like Elmo... so eventhought the guy is maybe the best rider ever he doest have the charisma, the brains or anything of what Eddy, Lance, Hinault and Lemond had. If you ask somebody that is not familiar with the sport hey have no idea who this kid is, but people know eddy, or Lance. Probably he will win whatever he wants but there is something missing from him that makes him almost imperceptible by the rest of the world, even the peloton. Thats the reason i dont like this kid, he is just like darn elmo.

Sincerely doubt he will win the tour, some stuff it will happen. This years tour is the weirdest ever, a lot of good racers coming back, routing is different. And if he wins, ok nothing it will happen. All will continue peacefull as always. I believe contador needs to prove everybody the cojones he has (vino does it all the time), he always look like racing very carefully... like... im going to screw up or not? Probably the best is just leave him do to whatever he wants and crush everybody how it should have been a few years ago. Cancelara does that and it did at the beginning of the season. Dont know why AC is so careful... I had his talent i would have sent LA and everybody to hell since day one and i would have won those tours just like eddy did.. taking HOURS ahead of everybody!