2Rodies
El Diablo

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD8/Record 10s, Felt DA700 Chorus 10s,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rule
2R...some folks are having no problems with their SL's, mostly those who got some of the very first ones shipped from what I can see. I am riding one as a tester for my LBS. It is a lot more finicky than the Pro, in that it seems to be more sensitive to interference and you have to get the sensor install just right in order to eliminate datat drops. The Pro's don't have any of these problems as far as I know. I rode one from the bike shop for a couple of months while they were waiting for the SL's to arrive. I never had any issues with it and don't know of anyone who does. It might not be for you, but I wouldn't worry about the Pro's just because the SL's aren't ready for primetime yet.
Thanks Rule it seems like the consensus is that the Pro is the more proven of the two.

The only reason I was thinking of the Pro was because it's Campy compatable (I allready have three Record cogsets). It seems like by the time I get an aftermarket cogset for the Pro the cost difference won't be that great. However I think just from a reliability standpoint I would go with PTP instead.

This is pretty big purchase and I want to get it right, the SRM seems to be the gold standard but I just can't justify spending 2500 bucks on it. From what I've been able to research the Ergomo has it's own set of issues so I guess there isn't a perfect solution.