Old 07-01-10, 12:44 PM
chandltp

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro 20, Trek 7000, old Huffy MTB, and a few others

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trek 7000 Saddle

I have a Trek 7000, and I've been riding it quite a bit. My longest ride to date is 66 miles. However, I have numbness problems as a result of the stock Bontrager saddle. I tilted it forward last year and that fixed that problem but caused numbness in my hands.

So this year I tilted it back and I have the numbness caused by the pressure from the saddle. So far this year, I've tried the following:

1. Brooks B17 - it still caused numbness and my sit bones felt like they were being pulled apart
2. Brooks B68 after 3 weeks the side of the nose started flaring out and caused chafing, and I still had a lot of pain in my sit bones
3. Terry Liberator Y - it caused a unique pain in the groin I can quite describe, and after 20 miles or so my sit bones really started hurting, I also got borderline chaffing on the back of my thighs

I'm thinking about the Terry Cite Gel Y, but I'm concerned the nose will be too wide and I'll get chaffing. Anyone else have any other ideas for the Trek 7000? I ride pretty upright, and really only ride aggressively occasionally and not for more than a few miles at a time.