Thread: AWD Bikes
View Single Post
Old 07-03-10, 08:47 AM
BengeBoy 

Bikes: 2009 Chris Boedeker custom; 2007 Bill Davidson custom; 2021 Bill Davidson custom gravel bike; 2022 Specialized Turbo Vado e-bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Retro Grouch
A solution in search of a problem. The big problem with bicycles is it's wimpy motor. The 2 wheel drive bicycle uses power robbing components to solve a traction problem that seldom arises.

There was a fellow in the St Louis area producing 2 wheel drive bicycles around 15 years ago. His used a pair of bevel gearsets and a flexible shaft to connect the front and rear hubs. Ultimately some fellow bought up his stock and tried to find a market for them. I owned a shop at that time and told him I wasn't interested so he waited until I was out to drop off a boxed bike. After multiple failed attempts to contact him I eventually dumpstered the bicycle. About 6 months later he came in to ask about it. He got real mad. That's when I found out he was an attorney. I must have been on pretty sound ground legally because I never heard from him again.
I wonder how he would have responded if you also would have billed him for the space his bike occupied in the dumpster.