Old 07-07-10, 08:39 AM
PinkFloyd1109

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
NEED HELP SOON --- Long Tour in a week and a half

Hey everyone, this is my first post and I was hoping to get as much info and as many responses as possible. My wife and I bought bikes about a month ago with the intention of doing the 350ish mile ride from Pittsburgh PA to Washington DC along the GAP and C&O. We have the right types of bikes (hybrids) but based on our schedule, it looks like the only time we'd be able to do the trip would be to leave in about a week. We had originally planned to spend more time training, but what can you do?

Basically, I need to know if the below training is sufficient to make it, and what kind of rest intervals we should be taking if we can make it. For example, should we pedal for 10 miles, rest for an hour, and repeat? We're planning only 40 to 50 miles per day, so I would think we can take our time. Thank you for your help!

Training so far:
1) Bought bikes
2) Several 10ish mile rides
3) 32 mile ride over 4 hours
4) 10 mile ride several days later
5) 36 mile ride over 4.5 hours
6) 10 mile ride several days later
7) 40 mile ride over 5 hours
8) Today

I was thinking one more 40ish mile ride this Saturday, then a 20 or 30 on Sunday to get used to back to back riding days. I'm expecting the full trip to take between 7 and 10 days.

Any and all advice appreciated!