View Single Post
Old 07-08-10, 11:37 PM
cthenn

Bikes: 2023 Canyon Aeoroad CF SL, 2015 Trek Emonda SLR, 2002 Litespeed Classic, 2005 Bianchi Pista, Some BikesDirect MTB I never ride.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 89 Posts
Originally Posted by 7bmwm3gtr
Wow this is great, I've planned my depart for Mt. Diablo on July 10, taking BART at the hour of 7-8.

I still need to need to study the area via Google Earth, but from Richard's map, it seems fairly simple. But I can't wait to climb it and I'll be sure to take some pictures. Hopefully, the weather is not too cold or not too hot!
If you go up on a weekend...please be careful, especially going down. Cars will routinely cross the centerline to cut corners, and Diablo has plenty of blind curves, and picnic area driveways. And if you get hit...even if you die the driver will only be fined $100 apparently. So they will not care if you are hit (sorry...just read that other post about the killed cyclist...)

But really, there will be lots of cars and people on the mountain. Temps this weekend are supposed to be low to mid 90's. That means at least one stop to fill up 2 bottles. Diablo is hot hot hot in summer!