purplepeople
Bent builder

Bikes: Magic leaning delta FWD trike, various bents and Fisher Sugar 3+

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by vik
I have no idea what's going on in the land of rain...I don't live there...so far in ~3 months in Victoria...I've seen 3-4 days of real rain...3-4 days with occasional rain...and mostly dry warm to dry hot weather...we get ~50% the rain of Vancouver and almost all of that in the winter...when I head to Mexico!...lot's of sun here...ideal really...I think the fact Victoria is low lying and at the tip of Vancouver Island allows us to avoid most of the rain the rest of West Coast gets. I can't recall the last time it rained here...I've been watering my lawn/garden trying to keep things from going brown!
I believe the tacit reason Vancouverites publicly complain about the rain is so that nobody else will want to move there and the true beauty of the sunny days remain a local secret. At least that's how I thought about it when I lived there. If you keep this up, Victoria will end up with the same population explosion and your neighbours will shun you.

:)ensen.

You should know... even though Vancouver gets more drizzle than Victoria, most of the big precip is on the North Shore because of the mountains. The disadvantage of Victoria is that it is less sheltered from any of the Pacific storm systems that come along.