View Single Post
Old 07-14-10, 05:06 PM
Casrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KD5NRH
Good afternoon, Dave Ramsey, your cover is well and truly blown.

The radio show is particularly amusing; couples with $250,000 or more in debt with a mortgage on a lot more house than they even know what to do with, two 20-30 year car loans they're less than two years into, one person either not working or only working part time, $85,000/yr or less total income and every luxury they could want, who just can't understand why they're not making progress. They act like Dave's come up with something new every time he tells them to sell the cars and buy a couple of beaters for cash, sell the 50" flatscreen, ditch cable service, etc. and concentrate on getting the house paid off.

People are amazed that we have no credit card debt, no cable, two paid-off cars, and are more interested in finding ways get money for the things we want than finding ways to spend money we don't have on those things o they can haunt us later. Once the house and my wife's student loans are paid off, we'll be in pretty good shape.
OT but my wife and I are similar.
Apparently, according to the "Today" show, they are now calling that being a "cheapskate". I thought that was being frugal. Always thought cheapskates were people who were miserly and stingy.