samburger
Redheaded Stepchild

Bikes: A fat tire & a skinny tire & two others I loaned out

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mtnbknomtns
I'm not an expert or even experienced in bike buying as I've only purchase one, but I saw those Next bikes at Walmart this very morning for 88 bucks new.
I hate you for recommending that bike to anyone.

Also, the first bike would be great if you're 10 years old. The second bike would be amazing if you have no intentions of it lasting more than a month. Bottom line, save up more & shop around. My friend got a good quality 10-year-old mountain bike on c'list for $200. I got a decent 10-year-old rigid fork bike for $60. There are affordable deals out there, but my recommendation is that you scratch that 'fancy' looking suspension fork as a standard & use that magic tool called "google" to find out if your bike is worth the gas it takes to go pick it up. If you google the name of the bike & you don't get a review from a website called mtbr.com in the first page, don't bother with it. If you do, read the reviews & see what other people think of them, as it's always easier to read what's already there than to ask people to do your research for you & get a snotty attitude like the one you're currently getting as a result.