View Single Post
Old 07-14-10, 07:20 PM
Ward H

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have been riding a Navigator 300 for about 3 years with some rides of up to 12 miles, several days a week, at the end of the season. No pain.
Did not ride as much last year. Started this year with some short local rides of a couple of miles and a couple of 6 and 8 mile rides.
Then I bought the 7300. I am trying to do a 10 to 12 mile ride once a week and 4 to 6 mile rides 3 times a week. ( I am out of shape and overweight, that is why I am riding)

I had done test rides on several 7000 series and FX series bikes but when I decided on the 7300 it was the end of the day and the guy who waited on me was actually worthless. The shop was a distance from home, the only one with a 7300 in my size that I could find.

My local shop said to try wearing bike shorts which I will do. They did not mention bike fit.

Reading this forum, many people talk about trying out the different saddles until they find the one that fits/feels the best. I am willing to do that but it sounds like maybe I need more riding time and experance before I do that?
My question about the quality of the Bontrager saddles is based on the fact that both shops carry only Bontrager saddles but they are rarely mentioned on the forum.

Sounds like maybe I should go back to my local shop and ask them to fit the bike to me, even though I did not buy from them? I don't even paying for a fit if it helps me get to a very comfortable ride.

BTW, during this last ride I felt vary comfortable. It was only after the ride did I feel that I had bruised my sit bones.