Old 07-16-10, 07:09 AM
Larry Whitaker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Beaker
I agree with Tapeworm from your other thread -too many differences. Looks like the chainrings might be slightly different as well as the bars. That's a lot of effort to go to and just doesn't sound like the sellers MO from what I've read on this board.

I suspect that it's not the kind of place you want to roll into and start checking serial numbers unless you have a badge. If you're willing to part with $100 then why not just buy it for $60 more. If it looks like your bike when you see it in the flesh, then I'd consider going back with a cop before parting with cash.

better than 50/50 chance you're right. It's not mine. I just thought if anyone is nearby, they could check. Just drop in with the serial # written down and check it. You don't have to be obvious about the #. Look it over real well and then just glance at it real quick. Don't just go to the number right away. Be cool about it.
I've seen people work together like this in other forums.
I tried calling, but no answer and machine is always full, can't take messages. Berkeley is a long way to drive for a bike that might be sold when I get there. He sounds like a flake and the shop might not even be open when I get there. I'm working at least 6 days per week, 7 when I can. Really don't want to drive there for nothing on a rare day off. The bike would be nice to have even if it's not my original one.
Yes, for sure the bike (if it's mine) is worth more than 160 to me. I had it 34 years and planned to keep it until die. I only had the one bike. That's all I need and want as far as bikes go. It had a lot of sentimental value.