Bikes: Cannondale CAAD8/Record 10s, Felt DA700 Chorus 10s,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BikeInMN
That's a good price. Enjoy

To follow up on my SL complaint earlier in this thread -
Graber/PowerTap has followed up with me on my SL and it appears there have been enough failures that they're holding off on "fixing" the hubs and on new production until they have all the issues worked out.

To soften the blow, they've sent me a new PT-Pro loaner wheel to use until my SL is back up and running. Even with the disappointment of having my SL die, that is really good customer service IMO. Kudos to Graber for stepping up.

That seems to be the consensus about Graber. Even though there seems to be some issues with the reliability of their product they are great about standing behind it. The system I bought the guy called about a computer failure and they sent him a new on even before they recieved the old one. So I'm getting a 3 month old computer out of the deal.

I decided to go with a "real" power meter because I've hired a coach and I want to get the most out of his advice. It seems to me that with out hard, repeatable data I'd be getting only 80% of what I was paying him for. Allthough the SRM is the best product for this the price is just too high for a old club racer like me.

Now what wheel should I lace up for the race set? No CF, just too much to loose in a crash. I was going to purchase a set of Reynolds Alta's before I decided to get the PTP I may still go this route and just have the rear laced to a 28h PTP hub.