View Single Post
Old 07-18-10, 08:52 AM
nondes 
Northern Rider

Bikes: 1999 Litespeed Tuscany 105, 2007 Marin Palisades Trail, 2006 Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked 811 Times in 203 Posts
+1 on the St George/Beverly route.

I was out yesterday and can't help noticing that while we have wonderful new, wide waterfront trails with separate pedestrian paths approaching Humber Bay from the east, the Don Valley Trail is in a sad state. On some stretches it's much narrower than a single lane of the newer trails, and sight lines are terrible due to vegetation and other obstructions. Particularly south of Pottery Road there are tooth-jarring bumps caused by washouts and tree roots etc, and there are long stretches where silt left by the flooding several weeks ago still hasn't disappeared. It really needs a good renovation.

While we are at it, let's see the loose gravel trail down to the Bailey Bridge on the Leslie Street Spit from the north paved, the same as the one on the other side. Other than that, a loop on the Spit is a great workout on a road bike. The new asphalt beyond the bridge is fantastic.

I suppose I should be sending this to the Toronto Cycling Committee, but they seem to have more time for commuters than recreational riders