Old 07-20-10, 04:27 PM
bianchi10
King Hoternot

Bikes: 2015 Cannondale Evo Hi mod

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Are you purchasing these saddles or trying them out?
Yes I have purchased them. My LBS has a fairly generous return on saddles. Plus it helps that I am friends with most of them. If I buy a saddle, I give it a good 300 miles before ever bringing it back. I feel like I need to give them a chance or else I could be missing out. Some may even say i'm not giving them anough of a chance, but personally if a saddle hurts the first 300 miles, it probably aint gonna be the saddle for you. Maybe I'm wrong?

I'm wondering whether you are trying so many adjustments you aren't giving yourself a chance to get used to anything
This could be a possibility. I usually dont do much of the adjustments myself. since I am friends with most of the people at my LBS, I usually tell them my issues and have them make adjustments for me. This eliminates stupid errors from me.

Just a couple of thoughts. Do you let yourself heal before trying a new saddle.
Yes I do. Generally speaking, if my bum is sore (which when I'm sore, it usually consists of abrasions and saddle sores) I wont ride for several days to heal up. I ride because it's fun, jumping on the bike when my butt still hurts is painful, which isn't fun.

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice. I am getting a refit done this saturday and I am going to see what they recommend for me to try for a saddle. One of the salesman had mentioned trying one of the fizik saddles. Not sure about that one, but I'm not a pro and they are.