Old 07-26-10, 05:55 PM
BigPolishJimmy

Bikes: Fuji Monterey, Schwinn Traveler, Fuji Special Road Racer, Gitane Interclub, Sun EZ-1, Schwinn Frontier, Puch Cavalier, Vista Cavalier, Armstrong, Raleigh Sports, Schwinn Stingray

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Presto! Alakazam! or pulling a bike out of a hat

So it was asked of me that I produce a bike for someone in need, being the good person that I am I waved my magic wand and produced the only bike I had in this person's size. I decided that I would enjoy the build as much as possible and try to make it look as good as I could. I had to keep the costs minimal as my bike fund is depleted after vacation and buying that Gitane

I wasn't going to build this frame as it's a dept. store bike, but I'm glad that the person it's going to will have transportation, and it'll get some good use which beats rusting out behind my barn.

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you

... Shemp

...how not to paint a bike

new cables and tires

added chrome fenders and a rack so he can commute to work/carry groceries and stay a bit dryer when the weather is moist

giving the bike a name sorry inside joke

working reflectors all the way around, added another wheel reflector after taking this pic.

Have you ever had to pull a bike out of a hat when you wern't prepaired to do so? If so, lets see them.

Last edited by BigPolishJimmy; 07-26-10 at 06:20 PM.