Old 07-28-10, 05:34 PM
auchencrow

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Old Fat Guy
Soft glow?
Yes, at first i thought you had a soft focus filter on or something, then I looked at your other pictures and other ad, definitely big, greasy mitts on the lens.

How have you found responses and selling prices so far?

I have dropped my prices considerably compared to prior years, and am doing 'okay'. My biggest problem is I have too many nicer bikes this year. I guess I'm going to have to head to the back of the garage and start some of the basket case Schwinn's here before too long. Only a couple of weeks before the grad students return.
This selling season seems considerably slower than last year - I have not dropped my prices at all and it's taking longer for people to come out see what I have. I've also had a lot of "no-shows". (That gets kind of annoying).
-Once they do arrive though, I have done well - selling at or within $20 of my asking price (though on this particular bike I have some wiggle room.)

I have been trying to stick with mid-grade road bikes only, and avoiding low end stuff. I think the low end stuff flips pretty fast, but on most, I find myself replacing the FW, Chain, Cables, Housings, tires and bar tape and so they net almost no money to buy more consumables, to start the process again.