View Single Post
Old 07-30-10, 05:57 AM
jhhall
SkreaminQuadz

Bikes: 2005 Cannondale Prophet 1000, 2006 Litespeed Teramo, 2007 Bianchi San Jose, 2007 Surly Cross Check

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cyclists "Jumping Ahead" at Lights

I know this has been discussed at length here at BF but wanted to vent after this mornings commute. Since I have nobody to talk "shop" with here at work (I'm pretty much the only bike commuter), I'll rant here to my BF buddies

As I was coming into work this morning I was going at a pace of about 14-15mph and catching up with a hybrid cyclist with no helmet, nobbie tires, and tennis shoes. So I passed him at this pace and we hit a light at a major intersection with tons of traffic. As the light that runs perpendicular to ours turns yellow, he sprints out from behind me on the right. This annoyed the $hit out of me b/c now I'll have to pass him again but this time I'll have to fight with traffic to get around him. So, I pass him again and he does the exact same thing at the next light... WTF??? The next time I passed him I wasn't so polite. I'm struggling to comprehend why people do that, it just puts us both in more danger when I pass him again and we have a line of cars going 30mph only inches to the left of us.