Old 07-31-10, 10:03 AM
Randy!
thinking about it...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aham23
call them and ask that they stop. they will. clearly the marketing technique is getting your attention. i wonder how many customers this post will generate for them. if its one they win. later.

What? I like Hammer products, I use them, I recommend other people give them a try. I said so in my OP.

I just don't need a ream of junk mail every couple months. Better to generate some new customers from an online forum, no?

Originally Posted by agarose2000
I buy bulk maltodextrin, in a 50lbs batch for $55 SHIPPED from Honeyville (or Honeygrain?) online. I store it in a $5 paint bucket from Home Depot and a $3 smaller paint bucket (for convenience) for a grand total of $63 for 50 lbs of sports nutrition. Ok, I also have to buy a few generic orange flavoring things from the supermarket that are $2.50 each, which probably flavor enough malto for 3 months+.

This is something I've been considering, but not gotten around to trying. I've gone totally DIY for fast-and-light backpacking food, so it’s just a matter of applying that ethic to cycling.