View Single Post
Old 08-02-10, 06:53 AM
freediver

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I tried to talk my wife into it, but she has the excuse that she needs to stay home and babysit our 14 year old lab. When the dog dies she'll think about coming along with us. I did bump into a couple yesterday that each had their own bike/tag-a-long/trailer combo so they could carry all of their gear.

I've seen the campground out side of Lake Mills and had that on my agenda as the next place I'd like to try. I've ridden the stretch on highway BB and am not real thrilled about taking my kids on it. I know the DNR has been working on connecting the final part of the trail for some time now, but there are some land owner hold-out issues that are blocking any progress on that front. I guess it would be OK if my daughter was on the tag-a-long, but I'm not ready to let her ride her own bike on something like that.

The Badger state trail is being worked on right now. I checked out the entry point, which is right off of the Capitol city trail, yesterday when I rode by it and saw that the have the Borges in place and the ground is graded to put either gravel or pavement on. It should be done by the end of this month. Once they finish that last section there is a whole new area opened up all the way down to the state line.

Have you ever camped at Mendota Park? I know it's in the city, but it would still be a 15 mile ride from my house and my daughter could ride it on her own bike. It may not be the most pristine place, but there seem to be bike trails that go almost all the way there.

Jon