Primitive Don
Champion of the Low End

Bikes: I have some bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 11 Posts
Update:

Just wanted to send a hearty thank you to forum member GrayJay, who generously offered up an original Columbus fork from his 1986 Concorde Aquila that was retired years ago due to a broken chainstay. He kept this fork for a number of years, and after reading my thread, offered up the fork in hopes that it be united with another Concorde frame.

The fork Jason sent seems nearly identical to the original but has the great Concorde 'C' engraving with the bird motif that the original did not. Luckily the steerer was 10 mm longer than needed and had sufficient threads to use on the 23" Mistral frame. Needless to say, I was a bit nervous measuring and cutting the steerer on this one, but the steer length was perfect and the headset installed easily.

I very much enjoyed my test rides of the bike, and got a better sense of why people love these European Columbus-tubed bikes. For those interested, the serial number appears to be 948168 or 948188.

Thanks again, Jason! I am continually amazed at the generosity of C&V forum members.