Old 08-03-10, 03:24 PM
Pedaleur
Je pose, donc je suis.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vengeful_lemon
ah, I didn't realize the ferry landed in Esbjerg rather than Copenhägen. This is starting to look more complicated than I had hoped...
Chuckle.

My initial response was, "You do know that the ferry lands in Esbjerg and not Copenhagen, right?"

That sounded condescending, so I edited it. "There's no way he doesn't know that," I thought to myself.

Another chuckle.

But you can easily take the train all the way from Esbjerg to Copenhagen. It takes maybe 3-4 hours. Probably costs 300-400 crowns, or 30-40 pounds. You'll have to call dsb.dk to make a bike reservation if you go before 1 September (I think that's the cutoff date).

Otherwise it's 300 km by bike. Another 40 to Helsingør and back down to Lund (each leg). There is quite often a stiff wind from the west, so you could make easy work of it, if you're reasonably lucky.

Denmark doesn't have open-space camping like Sweden and Norway, but there are a lot of cycling specific campgrounds that cost about 20 crowns (a couple of quid). Heck, if you do it before I leave (sometime in mid- to late-August), you can crash here in Odense for a night, which is a convenient half-way point.