View Single Post
Old 08-04-10, 01:25 PM
BikerPat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EKW in DC
I started out last year at 6'1" and around 325 lb. After a few rides around town, I took a ride to my office and back and realized I could commute to work on my bike (14 mile round trip). So, I started doing that every day of the week year round. I felt it in my legs the first couple of weeks, either in sore muscles or simple fatigue. Since that initial breaking in period for the legs, no sore legs with the exception of some longer (40-50 mile rides w/ hills) or busy nights pedicabbing since I've started that.

Keep riding. It'll get better, as long as it's just sore muscles. (Note: If it's joint pain (i.e., knees), you probably need to adjust saddle height. Knee problems are often a sign that the saddle is set too low...)
I had thought about doing this but am not sure how to get to work without being totally drenched in sweat! I sweat like a stuck pig. I could get a backpack and change when I got there but would be afraid that I would bring a nice aroma to the place as well LOL.

I am trying to get all my gear together (I need to get a pump still and might get one that attaches to the water carriers0 and some pants, which I hear makes a ton of difference.