Old 08-07-10, 06:25 AM
cranky old dude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Three days off the bike....no end in sight!

Wow!

I feel like I got hit by a truck!

I took Thursday off from the bike as a rest day and went antiqueing with the bride instead. We had a great day and the only financial outlay was for gasoline.

Friday was to be a long ride of 60+ miles but I woke up at 07:00 a.m. with absolutely no ambition what so ever. I just chalked it up to my body's normal negative reaction to the recent heat wave, rolled over and went back to sleep.

I crawled out of bed late in the morning and chose to finish sanding the old finish off of a piece of furniture that I'm sprucing up for my daughter. I would have prefered to have been cycling but I did promise her I'ld have it finished in time for Fall Semester. That's when it started. I noticed that my left shoulder blade was sore when ever I bent down to pick anything up from the garage floor. Then my lower left back started getting sore. (I'm right handed by the way)

I finished sanding about 05:00 p.m. and welcomed a nice hot shower not only to wash off the dust but hopefully to loosen my back and shoulder a bit. It didn't work out that way. We had planned on eating out Friday evening but I was a hurting puppy. I cancelled out, took some ibuprofin and crawled into bed instead. I tossed about in bed from 06:00 last night until 03:00 this morning in pain. No comfortable position could be found.

I did decide not to bike into work this morning and drove the pickup instead. Some of the nicest cycling weather of the Summer is slipping by and my beat up old body is in no condition to take advantage of it. I'm bummed, to say the least.

I'm not looking for a diagnosis here as I imagine I've just pulled some muscles somehow, though I'll probably never figure out exactly how or when I did it.

I'm just venting my frustration at having a garage full of bikes, sunny skies, beautiful temperatures, low humidity, and I can't ride!!