Old 08-07-10, 08:33 PM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by LAriverRat
I don't use anything but was going to look into something to put on the developing sensitive area. Three days ago while out on a ride i pick up a rider who ask to stay on my wheel for a while ( was i really going that fast?), so i say sure. After a while he pulls up along side of me and tells me i riding to far forward, like in a time trial position. I think what do i know, it feels OK why should i change?. We get to the water stop at the foot of Santa Fe Dam and he starts explaining to me what adjustments i might make to ride better. He explains the i need to be further back with my weight to make better turns, better angle to the cranks for more power and speed and endurance. He goes on to say this will help in climbing as well and tells me how to do hill climbs, spin and about over training. All this by moving my saddle back 1/2 inch.
So when i get home i move it back the 1/2 inch and its like a new bike, a new me, where did i get all this power?
The most important part is now the "Boys" are in a better position, and no chaffing at all, no soreness, nothing like it was before my moving the saddle back the 1/2 inch. Can't believe i am not sore at all after two rides. If this keeps up i will not need any thing at all. Steven is 49 and been in racing since his early 20's, is sponsored and can go very fast. I can't believe my good fortune to have met this rider. His Father in law had a stroke some time back and is 70 and just sits around. He is recovered from the stroke and Steven ask me if i might start riding with him to get him moving. I said sure, no problem so Steven is putting together a bike for him and off we go! Maybe two more members for BF and the 50 and over crowd.
Have him check out the 65+ thread, or contact some of us 70'rs.