Old 08-07-10, 08:51 PM
derek.fulmer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi all,

Still a newbie around here but have made a few posts. I have a 2011 Trek 2.1 on order at my LBS in a 60 cm frame. Like most of my purchases I'm second guessing it, the frame size in particular. I got on a Cannondale and the Rep who I spoke with at this particular shop (not my LBS) told me I was the right size for a 58...in Cannondale. Called up MY LBS and had a quick chat about frame size differences and she said that Trek measure their frames differently (as different clothing companies measure fabrics differently) and that the 60 cm on a Trek would be comparable to a 58 on a Cannondale. Can anyone else attest to this? I guess I'm looking for reinforcement on my frame size with my purchase.

I'm 6'3" if that helps at all. Also did the fit calculator at competitive cyclist dot com and tried to compare those measurements to the geometry that Trek lists on their bike, but that was somewhat overwhelming.

To note: My LBS originally ordered me a 2011 1.5 in 60 cm, got on it, rode it around the shop and around the near by mall and it felt great. Granted, it was still a "honeymoon" period, but still felt great. So, with that in mind, it felt good, was comfortable, so I shouldn't worry about it, right? Haha.