LDB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bhdavis1978

2008 Giant TCR C3 - $1400
---
After trying out the Specialized, the guy at the shop brought out this bike for me to try, and boy was it smooth compared to the Allez Elite, or even my Jamis Aurora Elite. Despite the fact that it was only the second non-touring road bike I've ridden, I thought I was falling in love with it. It was heavily discounted, cause they've had it for two years and it hasn't moved yet. It's full 105, except for the brakes which are Tektro. Plus, they'll throw in two years of free tune ups- which seems awesome- except that I'll probably be moving to Colorado Springs, CO, or Oxford, UK next summer. And, I really liked this store. The sales guy was really easy to talk to, and I felt he gave me advice about stuff, rather than just trying to sell me things.
I vote for this one because of the store and salesman. I am very big on local shops that give good service and work for the benefit of the customer, not just for the benefit of the current sale.

Now, given your pending move, I'd ask them for the bike for maybe $1300 with just one free tune up prior to your moving away with the bike rather than 2 years worth. Good luck with your decision.