Old 08-09-10, 04:13 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by jyossarian
We took our bikes with us when we went camping a couple weeks ago. No backwoods camping though and the bikes came in handy for riding to the bathroom, showers, the beach, etc. For kayak/canoe trips, or backwoods hiking, I don't think it'd be worth the hassle. While I had a lock for our bikes, it was to secure to the car while traveling and going shopping. We left them unlocked at the campsite.
Interesting. How do you lock them to the car? I've got a roof rack, and while the bike attachment has a small cable lock, I don't trust it.

I would have skipped the wilderness section of this trip if I'd brought my bike with me ... partly because the two don't mix ( the trail to the camp was considerably narrower than my shoulders ), and partly because the bike would have kept me so busy that I wouldn't have had time to hike to Cascade Pass. I'm very happy that I got to go kayaking ( and it was a three mile hike just to get to the kayak ), but the road is spectacular for cycling - lots of hills, and great scenery. So I'm itching to go back, and to bring the bike...