Old 08-14-10, 07:09 AM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
More Physical Complaints from DnvrFox - sorry, just spouting off

Got to share somewhere, sorry it is the 50+ forum, but, seems that at 70+ some things are wearing out or need repair, and where else might I find such sympathetic ears? .

I did not sleep much again last night due to severe continuing pain just above my ankles. In the past several months I have had so many different kinds of complaints, hurts, pains, etc., I have lost count.

I have been doing a variety of physical therapy for a long time now. Currently, I am working with a chiropractor who has previous extensive experience as a sports trainer. I was also working with a physical therapist, who I canceled last week due to her seeming lack of understanding of my problem and a diagnosis that just did not seem to fit with the chiro's diagnosis and the symptoms. She claimed I had an extremely tight hip capsule, but the chiro put me through all the hip capsule tests, and I passed with flying colors.

I have had some improvement, however, but still have extreme pain when I walk, having to bend over to be able to reduce the pain, and when I am trying to sleep. Ended up sleeping in three different places last night trying to find something comfortable. Vicodin does not seem to help a bit. I am also taking Soma and Celebrex and Tylenol. Can't take Ibuprofen because of aspirin therapy.

I went to see my DO this week - of course, he is pissed off that I saw a chiropractor. He diagnosed ITBS and prescribed stretching exercises, which my chiro reinforced with additional exercises.

Yesterday, I mentioned shin splints as a possibility to the chiro, and suggested that we use electro stim therapy on my calves, which actually did reduce the pain a lot for a bit. However, it always comes back. He tested me for shin splints and agreed they may be a possibility, along with some possible stress fractures. I am using a TENS unit at home - first time last night.

I went through a bicycle refit a couple of months ago - and of course, I wonder if the refit has anything to do with this. My chiro wants me to ride one of my other bikes for a bit to see if that makes any difference.

Interestingly, the only thing I can do without pain is ride my bicycle!! But, I wonder if the riding is part of the problem.

This is all overlayed by my diagnosis in November of spondolythesis and stenosis at L-4; L-5. I don't know whether or not any of this is related to the spondolythesis or stenosis. I saw a physiatrist a few months ago who said that most everyone my age has the same thing and to go ride my bike. The Physcial Therapist said it was so common that they don't pay much attention to it, they just treat symptoms.

I am scheduled to see another neurosurgeon Monday, to get a further opinion regarding the spondo and stenosis.

Well, I don't really expect any response. I don't quite know what anyone would say. I am using heat, strengthening, ice, TENS, stretching, and anything else I can think of. But, thanks for listening one more time.

Think I will go for a bike ride on the old clunker!!

Last edited by DnvrFox; 08-14-10 at 07:12 AM.