Old 08-14-10, 10:00 AM
deep_sky

Bikes: 2012 Scott CR1 Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That's not a particularly severe correction, you could fit into most of the Rudy Project line easily, whether it be in-frame or an insert. RP and Oakley are expensive, but it is well worth the expense to have a pair of glasses that will last you a long time. I personally would not buy a pair of glasses from anywhere where I didn't have someone to work with to get the Rx right.

Beware, however, that your eye(s) have a chance of not tolerating the curvature of the lens. I am going through this right now. I've had my right lens reground 3 times, and I still can't see clearly out of it, had all the fitters stumped. Brought one of the docs that was free at the moment in, he was initially stumped too, but then suggested adding prism to correct the issue. Prism moves the image inwards (or outwards) so that the image becomes clearer. In my case, I moved 3 base in (it's measured in bases), and I think that should finally help. I sincerely hope you do not have this problem, but be prepared for it. Normal glasses just don't curve like that so it never comes up as an issue.