View Single Post
Old 08-15-10, 02:19 PM
paipo

Bikes: Specialized RoubaixComp27, Specialized Epic Marathon, GT Avalanche, Trek Soho S

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Motobecane Team Track

So....I'm eyeballin' the $800 MTT offered by BD and I've searched BF for all MTT-related threads, but my computer has been compromised and makes surfing the many threads infuriatingly SLOW. The MTT looks like a good value for the bike/components/price.

I've read the MTT is like the Fuji Team Comp and the Leader 725....the latter two costs more. I have not ridden any of the three and the only reference I have to fixed-gear riding is my 2010 Soho-S....and as I've posted here before I plan to get instruction/train/ride/race(???) on the track.

What have been the experiences of owners with the MTT now that its been out for awhile....specifically the clydesdales (200lbs+) out there who are riding it on the track and street? How tall are you, what is your inseam length, and what size did you get?

I'm 6'/250lbs/32.5" inseam. It would appear the 58cm would be my size with a correct stand-over of 31.9" and about 22.4" effective top-tube length. If this works out, it looks like I'll need to sell the Soho-S and my hardtail Avalanche LE to help defray the cost when my size becomes available again.

Last edited by paipo; 08-15-10 at 02:59 PM. Reason: add text