View Single Post
Old 08-15-10, 03:53 PM
TomLee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kayce View Post
Getting BMX style pedals will make your foot straps work better, and the whole system to be more comfortable. Also with a long commute might i suggest some road drops or bull horns. Either will give you more hand positions, and be able to help you get more power on climbs.

If you get a front brake(which you should), it wont work nearly as well on your fancy wheels. They have an anodized non-machined side wall. These existed for a while, but were replaced(first developed by Mavic actually) by the much safe machined side walls. Basically the braking surface is extruded a bit wider, then machined down with little groves to get better traction between the pads and rims. You will be much better off with a road rim.

Your right, These wheels arent intended for brakes haha. I still do have my DP18's that with machined side walls though. Also, I hate raod drops and bull horns, but i like the feelof aero bars. Would it be over the top to have clip on aerobars on a fixie???? These striaght bars are killing me on long rides.

Also, My nuts hurt when I ride...I need a new seat or soemthing haha