Old 08-16-10, 08:06 AM
logdrum
Headset-press carrier

Bikes: Kona with Campy 8, Lynskey Ti with Rival, Bianchi pista, Raleigh Team Frame with SRAM Red, Specialized Stump Jumper, Surley Big Dummy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Italian per se but Kona sourced the frame from Cinelli if you look at the bottom bracket. Columbus genius tubing, campy chorus, only the pedals and the stem are not Italian this bike and I've used this bike for everything including commuting to work at least 4 days a week. I had to ride at least 1/2 mile of river rock gravel to get on paved road. 23 mm tires no problem. I ride with my kids in the dirt trails with it. I stop a few times when my tire sinks. I got a better bike in Jan 2008 but this bike has been though a lot of miles and bad weather. I am not a fair weather cyclist and I moved to NM from Vermont.

I still ride it but maybe not for long as I have just source a small frame for my daughter to use. Components are moving to that frame.

BTW the Bianchi in the OP, is that a Italian made frame or was it much later when Bianchi frames were made in Japan or Taiwan. Not that it matters.

I have a big dummy now.

PS the wheels are Mavic French and the tires Continental (German) and I have gore cables on this pic -- just in case people nit pick.

Last edited by logdrum; 08-16-10 at 08:23 AM.