Old 08-17-10, 09:21 AM
semaj

Bikes: Giant TCR Advanced

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anyone here have experience modeling a season without the use of the traditional planned rest, e.g. 3 weeks on 1 week off or any variation of that.

The reason why I ask is because I want to try the Lydiard approach as a model for the coming 2011 road season and it suggests that I up my CTL 3-6 pts/wk for 8-10 wks for the aerobic training period then to level off or increase CTL slowly by 0-3 pts/wk for lactate / V02 period. No rest week is planned, only the CTL ramp rate is changed. So in other words, my CTL will be steadily increasing without the dramatic CTL peaks and valleys created by the "x" weeks on "x" weeks off approach. TSB will be looked at and compared to perceived daily stress for signs of overtraining and CTL will then be adjusted accordingly.

Based on previous data, I'm thinking of 3 pts/wk increase in CTL. I mean, as long as my TSB, CTL, and ATL reach the theoretical "optimal" point for my planned A race that's all that counts right? I don't think I need an ATL kick then a dramatic leveling off to peak. What do you guys think?

Last edited by semaj; 08-17-10 at 09:26 AM.