View Single Post
Old 08-18-10, 05:27 AM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Cash flow - I think BikeReg sends out weekly checks, I can't remember. Well, for a weekly series they send out weekly checks. But for the series, I think I got checks before the first race ever happened.

Mailing in registration is the best fiscally for the promoter. Money up front, no fees for anyone.

It was a really, really good value for Bethel for a few people - I found their checks after many years, sitting in release forms and such. So they raced for free because of my mistake (I shredded the checks). And these were for full registration, i.e. 6 or 7 weeks of races.

Reminds me. One rider bounced a check, so I'm going to file a complaint with the state police. This way there'll be a warrant for that person's arrest for fraud or something - someone told me about a time when a bike shop went to file a complaint regarding a bounced check for a bike (lots of $$). They had another check for $18 that bounced, and they figured, what the heck. So they brought that check along too. Apparently it worked because the guy that bounced the $18 check got pulled over for some minor driving thing (speeding etc). He was on a date with someone. Police ran his ID, arrested him right there. Probably didn't go well date-wise. Just a guess.

Well, first I'll try and cash it at their bank. Then I'll file a complaint.