View Single Post
Old 09-07-02, 06:47 AM
Bokkie
Jubalayo Unogwaja!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I only recently heard of Sheldon when I was after some information about chain length calculations. I ended up looking at his website, and like all of us who have been through it, there is an amazing amount of content and information to satisfy the hungriest of folk in pursuit of bike knowledge.

I was amused by his photo, the one with the big bushy beard and odd looking hat with the eagle and flag perched on top of it. What came to my mind is a dishevelled looking fellow who'd just come down from the woods for a picnic and was on his way back. I think the nearest I could liken him to is Tom Bombadil.

That he has a prolific knowledge of all things bike is way beyond anything I could ever know. He would seem just at home with a 1925 October (steel/brass) issue of the Scratchy Crank 4 speed chainring as he is with the ultra light XTR. That of course is very reassuring for those us who have access to someone who is willing to share that knowledge, and write about it in a way that is informative and entertaining when it needs to be.

I've learned a lot in a short period of time.

Thanks Sheldo, for sharing your time with us.