Old 08-20-10, 02:11 PM
transamman1999

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cateye
They aid in recovery by compressing the legs and improving venous circulation and blood flow back to the heart.
Originally Posted by Hammonjj
While I've never used compression clothing, most of my teammates do and they swear by them. They wear them on long car rides, after training, and between stages and say that they feel way better because of it. It may be placebo, but, even if it is, does it matter?
I have compression tights, socks, and calf sleeves. i LOVE the tights but i only wear them post-ride (after i shower) after long or particularly hard rides. i can DEFINITELY feel a difference when i use them vs not using them. especially if my ride was at night and i wear the tights to bed. my legs feel fresher in the morning. from all i've read and heard it's most effective to wear them within 30 minutes post-workout.
I think the socks help but only for longer runs. on the bike they didnt seem to do much, or at least i didnt feel much of a difference.
the sleeves are great for wearing at work when i get sore calves (usually the day after a hard brick workout (cycling then running)). i sit at a computer 95% of the day at work so soreness is a constant battle for me.
with $200+ invested in compression clothing i say it has been money well spent.
i'd say go for it, and if you're purely a cyclist focus on full leg garments. i doubt you'll ever feel the need to wear upper body compression stuff though.