Old 08-22-10, 10:44 PM
TandemGeek
hors category

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
August 23rd UPDATE (5,671)

As always, these are just summaries. The actual entries with linked websites, objects, video's etc... can be found here:

Blog: http://tandemgeek.wordpress.com
Web: http://www.thetandemlink.com

-------------------------------------------------

Product Development: Timing Belt vs Chain

Warning: This is a long one…. As foreshadowed in last week’s “I Want Another Tandem“, we received a new sync drive in Friday’s UPS shipment that we’re beta testing for our good friend Bob Thompson. Yes, it uses a Gates Carbon belt; however, it’s not the Co-Motion / Gates CarbonDrive system. Below is a photo of [...] Read more…

Lone Tandem Takes On TransRockies: Way To Go Team Weiss!!

Last weekend the Leadville 100 grabbed the headlines; however, to the North of the border our friends Ted & Sandy Weiss from Missouri were competing in the TransRockies Challenge. As you can see from the race stats at right, the TransRockies is a monster: 248 miles broken up into 7 stages with nearly 40,000′ of [...] Read more…

Did I Mention That I Like Aircraft?

Yes, a little more bloggishish… bear with me you hard-core tandem geeks. I include this stuff because: (a) it gives readers a glimpse into other things that trip my trigger, (b) it reminds readers that there’s more to life than just tandems, (c) I think some of this stuff is pretty cool in its own [...] Read more…

You Done With That Shed?

It’s pretty sad when your bartender-friends remind you just how long a project has taken… or, more correctly, remind you that is has not been completed. I say bartender-friends because it’d be too forward to call them family, but they probably do see us more than any of our family or friends as we’ve been [...] Read more…

32nd Southern Tandem Rally… There’s Still Time!

This year’s hosts of the 32nd Southern Tandem Rally in Florence, Alabama on October 15th – 17th — Jack & Susan Goertz of Tandems Limited, in Birmingham, Alabama — posted out a note to remind the procrastinators and new tandem owners that: Time is running out to register for the Southern Tandem Rally, and spaces are [...] Read more…