Old 08-24-10, 03:34 PM
Britpower

Bikes: Kona Major Jake cross bike, Trek 5200, Colnago Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
HOP lite worked out well, thanks. There were a few times when the pace was fairly easy, but I also needed to push hard on quite a few sections too. By the end I felt like I'd had a good work out, and put in a relatively quick 50miles.

As you mentioned, the wind was definitely a factor yesterday. Riding down N Livermore required a good effort, but I managed to share the pain with others. Collier was worse for me though - I made the mistake of letting myself get separated from the lead group and suffered into the wind alone for a while. I will admit to being very glad for the regroup that occurred just afterwards. The only fly in the ointment was close to the end, a few folks peeled off Tassajara to head down Blackhawk one of whom made a right turn from my left and took my wheel out. Small amount of road rash, but nothing major.

All in all it was a good ride, nice to catch up with BFrs rumbutter and britpower too. I'll definitely be back to have another crack at this and then see if I can hang for a while with HOP, though it'd need to be much less windy ;-)

I know, I know
Good to see you on Saturday, I was hoping to speak with you when we finished but the group split along Tassajara, hit around 39 mph and finished with the main group.