View Single Post
Old 08-25-10, 07:47 PM
scott kursk
Clever Title

Bikes: Giant Cypress DX, Gary Fisher Urban Utopia (RIP)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by breadbin
one suggestion maybe have your dinner before you leave work?? i found the struggle making dinner after getting home from work stopped me doing all sorts of things so when i reheated pasta in work and ate it i had alot more time and energy
+1 on that. I am the cook in the family and am always sluggish after cooking and clearing up. So, I will force myself to ride before I eat or I used to eat at work. Mind you, I'd pack a pre-made dinner because there are plenty of fast food places by my old school. Also, try to find a riding or at the very least a motivational partner. When I did powerlifting, we had what we called "the guilt ring" and if any of use didn't show for lifting, they got called to, ahem, make sure they were ok. We all knew it was to guilt us into not bowing out of if we were going to bow out, the other person would talk them out of quitting and remind them why there were doing it.

I also feel your pain MThayer. It's been above 100 and all that added humidity. Though unlike Crazydad, I started out heading north into that delicious front and took the tailwind coming back.