Old 08-26-10, 04:24 PM
simplygib

Bikes: Hard Rock Sport, Peugeot Triathlon, Schwinn Paramount Series 7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BengeBoy
I read somewhere a few months ago about some websites for folks who travel around the country in RV's, camping out, and working temp jobs around the country. They share tips on where the best temp jobs are (seasonal warehouse work, seasonal farm work, etc.). That's a little easier to do if you are in an RV because you can pull up stakes and move hundreds of miles in a day to get to the next place where a job is, and you can also "camp out" for extended periods of time in more comfortable surroundings. But you might try tapping into this community; sorry I can't remember what they call themselves.
Workampers.

http://www.workamper.com
Edit: Didn't realize this was a paid subscription site. I'm not endorsing it - I know nothing about it. Maybe instead, just google workkamper and you'll come up with other options. Not sure how well this would work out for a touring cyclist though.

If it were me I'd plan a tour around warmshowers, couchsurfing, stealth camping, temporary work, and anything else I could think of, then save up enough money to cover a minimal daily expense before leaving on the tour.

One thing's certain - I wouldn't want to be caught without enough money for a decent meal on tour - ever.

Last edited by simplygib; 08-27-10 at 09:31 AM.