Old 08-30-10, 05:25 PM
wunderkind
Pro Paper Plane Pilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Now that you mention it, New West really doesn't have any good roadie routes at all.
Cipo listed out some gread roadie routes where you can use the 53t and get some speed. Getting to Pitt Meadows is tough due to the crazy Port Mann Bridge upgrade. So cycling through it can sap all your enthusiasm away.

But once there, there are some real nice roadie routes in Pitt Meadows with great vistas. No wonder there are so many roadies there on the weekends. The ride from there to Ft. Langley is awesome. Fast loops with some ups and downs. Stopping at Ft. Langley is wonderful to fuel up.

I would also recommend somehow getting to UBC loop. It's pretty cool. I think Delta/Surrey offers some nice routes too. But haven't been there.

New West is a PITA because you can have some real extreme elevation change and heavy traffic. Road surface aren't the greatest too. I just rode from there into Vancouver this morning. If u're not in a rush you should try the Central Valley Greenway that starts from New West and meaders through to Burnaby and into Science World in Vancouver. Not a real roadie route. More for leisure slowish ride through MUPs.