Old 08-30-10, 06:51 PM
achoo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by xqwisit
I almost knew that I would get some cruel responses but that's okay. I, like most of you prefer to go the route of the LBS but when you have went to almost a dozen shops and called around and not have any luck it kind of sucks. For all the good advice on here about going to the LBS and sitting on the bike and riding it and getting a feel for it, it's not always that easy. Hubby asks the question what is the difference ordering online and ordering in the store if you can't sit on the bike. Sure we understand that you can swap stuff out easier on a bike buying from your LBS as opposed to online. The other question is how do you know a Cannondale will fit better than a Trek or a Specialized etc... when you initially can't even sit on one?

I will go home tonight and convince him not to buy from BD. I knew it was a bad idea when he suggested it the other day but when you men get something in your head its not always easy to change your minds... (guess it is the ego.. haha). I will try and get him to the LBS where I go and see if they can order him in a Cannondale or Felt in his size and go from there. But first thing is first and convince him to steer clear of BD. Thanks for the input guys.

PS... hubby spends all day in front of a computer so when he is at home he steers clear and is better served playing a round of golf or running, that is why I am on here for the knowledge and doing my part in the relationship
He goes to your LBS, wants to spend $1500, and they won't let him sit on the bike?

That's crap. Don't spend your money there. Find another LBS.

And if you can't, or hubby is intent on BD, show him this:

http://www.neuvationcycling.com

You can get an alloy SRAM Apex for $1100 there. Along with great service.