Osprey
Like a Bird in flight

Bikes: Working on that

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Call Me Crazy

So, I'm in the initial planning stages of planning a solo bike tour accross the country, which I'll start at the beggining of the summer of 2011. Seems so far away...

The only thing is, I've honestly never rode more then maybe 30 miles in a single day, and thats with plent of stops, And I honestly don't plan on, well, much planning.

Someone once asked me, describe one Event in your life where you really wanted something very hard and went for it perserveering against all odds...

I could'nt really think of a single event...

I've always just coasted through life, I've always been OK, but I don't want to just be OK.

Call it personal growth, or the delusions of a mad man.

This is something I want to do, I fully expect it to be difficult, I Expect I will hit a point where every fiber of my being screams quit, I want to face that, and beat it.

I've made far too many excuses in the past, and want to find that part of myself and rip it out, casting it aside on the road.

Call me a "soul searcher" call me crazy, foolish, young, rash, call me what you want, I only ask for your Advice, your Answers, and maybe a bit of mental support getting started, for once I take that first step, I expect to endure the biggest challenge of my life yet, And I will be the most alone I have ever faced.

But all melodrama aside, I know myself well enough to know that if I spend the next 9+ months planning I'll probably just get burned out and start looking for excuses to not go through with it, But I know without at least a little bit of planning I may end up ready to go but without the means to finish.

I'm going to try and take it one step at a time, I have a loose idea how I'll go through with it, The bike comes first, then I can worry about other decisions like Panniers versus trailer, route to take, how much contact I'll have with the "outside world" and all the other specifics.

So, Please bear with this newbie, I'm sure I'll have many questions, and many comments too...

Thank you all in advance.