View Single Post
Old 05-06-05, 05:34 PM
cjs1948

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mpoinar
I got to sit on a pocket yesterday. My legs were too short to move it but my back and neck were in excruciating pain in that position. I'm now looking for a trike with a higher seat and pedaling below the seat a bit.

Any ideas?

Martha
You might try to find a WizWheelz to sit on. The seat is adjustable which will give you an idea of the fit of a more upright seating position. If you haven't tried the seat of a Sun tadpole, then you need to find one of those for sure--also has a very adjustable seat. The one I tried felt weird to me but it was because the seat was higher and pedals relatively lower compared to what I ride (Logo and I've tested Janet's Pocket)--just what you're asking for. The only other tadpole trike that I think fits what you are asking for is the ICE T. It has a higher set and relatively lower pedal position. While you're looking at the ICE products, take note of the L model. It is specifically designed for smaller folks. Be sure you're not overlooking the delta trikes. The Hase Kettweisel is my favorite, but there are a couple of Sun models as well. They sit differently and provide a variation of the trike riding experience.

I'm glad to see you are well into the chase. Fortunately there are many more trike offerings than when I started looking. There is surely one out there for you. Good luck.

Chip