Old 09-01-10, 10:23 AM
TurbineBlade
Kid A

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
You want waterproof and breathable sacks??

If you want waterproof bags for touring, Ortlieb and a lot of other companies make them. I just use a non-waterproof cheap set of panniers and put certain items in zip-locks for water proofing -- works fine.

IMO and IME - most things that advertise "waterproof and breathable" are full of ****. I work on a boat in all weather conditions and get rained on weekly..sometimes multiple days. I have many goretex, dry-tech, etc. jackets, pants, boots, hats, etc. and while many of them are fairly water proof (water resistant is more apt, since rain finds it's way in when you're moving..I don't care what you do) NONE of them breathe worth a darn if you're getting your heart rate up.

I don't care what the package says, or what some random person who probably doesn't work outside tells you at the store. None of that crap breathes. Actually, several of my goretex pants and jackets are great on windy days on the water....because they don't breathe and block the wind!

Last edited by unterhausen; 09-01-10 at 09:46 PM. Reason: please don't work around the censor