Old 05-07-05, 02:04 AM
willtsmith_nwi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by badsac
Okay, just looking to get back into mountainbiking again. Trying to speak to the local bike store about Specialized bikes since I like my Roubaix Comp, however for some reason they have a hardon for Giant and wont talk about anything else (even though I bought the Roubaix off them). Anyway, they give me the Maestro suspension catalogue with the Faith, Reign and Trance in it. Anyway, it's obvious what the Faith is about. I take it the Reign is Giants new All Mountain bike. I've also been told that if you're doing competitive xc then the NRS is still the go. Which leaves the Trance. What's that thing for? Wouldn't people choose the NRS to race and the Reign for those a bit more casual, with the Trance not really having a niche?

(Obviously I'm a noob with all the different categories of mtb's. So humour me if I'm missing something obvious).

My understanding is the NRS will be discontinued.

The idea with the Maestro suspension is to use the same suspension for XC, FR and downhill. This get the cost down. And you can really see it. The Trance 4 at my local shop is going for $1,050. That's an awesome price for a good suspension system.