View Single Post
Old 09-06-10, 04:59 PM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Wow, you guys got some some rides in this weekend. Congrats! (I feel downright lazy.)

I did get some miles in yesterday. We visited some friends who live in an apartment in one of the old Ashton Mill buildings in Cumberland, RI, and a 10 second walk to the Blackstone River Bikeway. He used to race (I know a lot of guys who used to race) but that was ages ago. Now he rides the Blackstone for training. So we went out and did the whole thing from Woonsocket to the "Stop and Shop bridge" in, uh, Lonsdale I think, both directions, plus some extra stuff. Ended up with 24.2 miles but most of it was at 18 to 20mph. Get two guy with bikes together and some level of testosterone takes over.

On the other hand, it was still a busy weekend. Climbed Monadnock on Saturday, spend 5 hrs in a canoe on the Concord River today, about 9.5 miles. Great weekend. I'm sleepy...
By the Ashton Mill dam

a view of the canal

our ladies out walking while we biked