Thread: Rohloff Killer!
View Single Post
Old 09-10-10, 08:02 AM
vik 
cyclopath

Bikes: Surly Krampus, Surly Straggler, Pivot Mach 6, Bike Friday Tikit, Bike Friday Tandem, Santa Cruz Nomad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JulianEdgar
That would perhaps make more sense if every single innovation in cycle design hadn't been initially greeted by a bunch of people all saying how hopeless it was - from deraillueurs to small wheeled bikes to suspension to pnuematic tyres.

It pays no dividends to be negative about innovation. If it's no good it won't last - but no invention is helped by widespread , knee-jerk denigration.
I see so you are suggesting an analysis of the pros/cons of the system relative to other available options is a knee-jerk denigration of the product? Personally I am an early adopter of technology that I think provides a useful function. I bought one of the first generation Tikits. I bought the first generation Hammerschmidt from SRAM. I had a computer at home back when that was crazy talk. You make a good product I can see a rationale for and I'll give you my money to support you and then blog about it so other people get the msg. But, I certainly feel that talking about products that are offered for sale and discussing their merits relative to other options that solve the same or similar problems is not only appropriate, but helpful to the manufacturer. It can guide their product development and let them tune their marketing campaign if certain elements of their design are not being fully understood.